- Introduction Read this blog & find out about the program.
- Discover a few pointers from lifelong learners and learn how to nurture your own learning process.
#1 Discovery has never been so much fun …
So fasten your seat belts, grab your mouse and get ready for a discovery adventure… and remember, it’s OK to play in the library and have fun!
Although not a stranger to Web2.0 in general, I thought it would be worthwhile treating the “23 Things” as a type of WebQuest. Here we go …
#2 Lifelong Learning & L2
Among libraries, lifelong learning is one of those core values we shelve our books by. So it makes sense that before we embark on this new online learning and discovery journey that we should take a few minutes to review a few habits that can assist in creating lifelong learners.
After watching 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners (14 minutes)
- Begin with the end in mind
- Accept responsibility for your own learning
- View problems as challenges
- Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner
- Create your own learning toolbox
- Use technology to your advantage
- teach/mentor others
- (7.5) Play!
Q. Which habit among the 7 & 1/2 that is easiest for you and which is hardest?
Easiest – “Use technology to your advantage”
Hardest – “View problems as challenges” I tend to view problems as a barrier or as a hurdle, this one takes a mind shift.
A learning contract