As we get closer to the start of this years Tour, I’m getting my 2008 TDF links in place on del.icio.us tag = tdf2008 ready for the July 5th start.
Tour on TV
SBS will be broadcasting the Tour for their 18th consecutive season. Their broadcast schedule published online sometime soon, but they have already indicated an increase in the LIVE stage coverage with SBS broadcasting from the earlier time of 10:00pm (AEST) most evenings.
SBS Television will broadcast EVERY STAGE LIVE from Saturday 5 July. Wake up each morning to a TV update at 7:15am, with full highlights at 6:00pm. Stay in the loop, subscribe to the 2008 Tour de France newsletter.
Of course it wouldn’t be a Tour without SBS’s Taste Le Tour, no matter how much anguish it causes on the forums *chuckle* Gabriel adds a little more atmosphere to our race, along with the choice of food and wine we make for watching the tour. Most importantly, it keeps the spouse happy!
Live Data / Live Biometric Info
* Current local time in Paris (World Clock)
* The live race data will be available from Polar Cycling on July, 5th-27th from http://www.polarcycling.com/ or http://www.polarcycling.com/au/.
* SRM Telemetry
* Yahoo! Sports GPS system – will it be back for 2008?
* UBI Labs tracker – will it be back for 2008?
The TDF Blogs
* Tour de France YouTube Channel
* Graham Watson – Tour de France
* VeloNews – Tour 2008
* Tour de France 2008 Live Dashboard [www.steephill.tv]
* TdFblog – Twitter
* CyclingNews – Tour 2008
* Cycling Fans (video and audio streaming details)
* The Tour de France for the Rest of Us
* Tour de France Lanterne Rouge
* spare cycles
* Google Releases Street View for Tour de France in Google Earth/Maps (2008-Jul-02) [Google Earth Blog]
* Thomas Vergouwen’s 2008 Tour de France KML file