Tonight is stage 5, Carhaix Cap to Fréhel, 164.5km
Before the finale, the teams intent on making sure victory isn’t decided by a bunch sprint will have a chance to play their cards when the peloton takes the coast roads for the final 70km.
On the way crosswinds are a near certainty as the peloton cuts through Yffiniac — the native village of France’s last champion, five-time winner Bernard Hinault.
“There is a risk of winds and eventually splits in the peloton,” warned the race’s director of competition, Jean-Francois Pescheux.
– SBS cyclingcentral
- Stage 5 (164.5 km) Carhaix >> Cap Fréhel [SBS]
- Stage 5 preview: Carhaix → Cap Fréhel, 165 km (lumpy) [SteepHill]
- July 6, Stage 5: Carhaix – Cap Fréhel 158km [CyclingNews]
- Stage 5 • CARHAIX > CAP FREHEL • 164.5km [EuroSport]
- stage 5 – Carhaix Cap Fréhel 164.5 km [www.letour.fr]