* This is EXACTLY why the videoconferencing SERVICE is a mongrel (2012-Jun-14) [Greenline Emeritus Consulting]
… I am not saying that a videoconferencing experience should be based on fantasy and a contrived story line. But I am saying that if B.O.R.K. understands how to analyze its videoconferencing organism as a highly valuable experience for business communication it would begin to shape the videoconferencing experience into one which, when repeated consistently, transforms the way they do business. Does that sound outlandish? Is that a highly inflated view of what visual communications can be for a business? …
* R18+ video game rating passes Senate (2012-Jun-19) [ABC]
The Senate has passed legislation to create an R18+ category for video games.
The new law fulfils the Commonwealth’s part of a deal with states and territories to include the new rating in the games classification system.
It was passed last night, without amendments, with bipartisan support. …
The Age – Going, going … gone?
* Fairfax or Gina-fax? Let’s have the debate before it’s over (2012-Jun-18) [The Conversation]
* Fairfax to shed 1900 staff, erect paywalls (2012-Jun-18) [The Age]
@SimonThomsen: I think David Attenborough needs to narrate a series called Walking with Newspapers, explaining how we once ruled and what happened to us…
* Death Notices (2012-Jun-18) [The Failed Estate]
* Steve Jobs at the D: All Things Digital Conference (Video) [iTunes]
Free Steve Jobs interviews on iTunes.
There’s lots of video of the late Steve Jobs, primarily from his famous introductions of Apple products over the years, and his oft-quoted Stanford commencement address. But, by far, the largest trove of video of the legendary innovator candidly answering unrehearsed questions and explaining his views on technology and business comes from his six lengthy appearances at our D: All Things Digital Conference, from 2003 to 2010. As a memorial to a great man, and, in the spirit of sharing a priceless piece of history, we are making all six of these appearances available free, in high quality. We thank Apple for its cooperation in making these videos available for all.
Something from Bandcamp: