* Walk on by: consultants learn to take healthy advice (2012-Jul-21) [The Age]
The scheme to switch ”workaholics” to ”successaholics” is credited with making the workplace more human and its 5600 staff worldwide happier and more productive. The Economist says the program, in Perlow’s book Sleeping with Your Smartphone – How to Break the 24/7 Habit and Change the Way You Work, ”should be taken seriously”. Forbes lauds it as ”genius”.
Who Gets To Be a Geek?
It started with this;
* Booth babes need not apply (2012-Jul-24) [Geek Out/CNN]
And was answered by these;
* ‘Fake Geek Girls’: How Geek Gatekeeping Is Bad For Business (2012-Jul-26) [Forbes]
* Fake geeks prey on us poor lonely “true geeks” – 4 realz yo (2012-Jul-26) [pipka.org]
No one has a monopoly on geekiness, and there are many flavours of geeks out there. It is actually really awesome that being geeky is becoming popular because we need more people to get on the path of tech literacy, whatever their incentive. Otherwise when the machines come our army will be very small
* Who Gets To Be a Geek? Anyone Who Wants to Be (2012-Jul-26) [Whatever/John Scalzi]
I outrank you as Speaker for the Geeks.
You are overruled.
Your entire piece is thrown out as condescending, entitled, oblivious, sexist and obnoxious
Anyone can be a geek. Any way they want to. That means you too. Whoever you are.
Anyone who tells you different, you send them to me.
* Cuckoo (Stories of the Smoke) (2012-Jun-02) [Dark Fiction Magazine]
Scott “The Governor” Midmer went down in six rounds. Mingled dust and blood smeared into his cheek as he hit the floor, and even after his thirty seconds of …
* Subaru Cycling Show 19 July
Something from Bandcamp: