* Microsoft Surface to launch at midnight on October 25th (2012-Oct-08) [PC Authority]
Microsoft plans to launch its Surface tablet at midnight on Thursday October 25th – alongside the new Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 RT. The Surface will appear in pop-up shops in the US, although local release locations are still unclear.
* Who will pay for the iOS bill shock problem? (2012-Oct-04) [ZDnet]
Since upgrading to iOS 6, users across the globe have been reporting higher than expected mobile data usage, even when using Wi-Fi. The question is, who will get the bill once Apple fixes the problem?
* Network cancels all ads on Jones show (2012-Oct-08) [The Age]
ALAN JONES’S radio show will be entirely free of advertising in response to the outcry over his comments about Julia Gillard’s father.
His employer, the Macquarie Radio Network, has taken the unprecedented step of indefinitely suspending all advertising on Jones’s breakfast show on 2GB after a week of sustained pressure that has led to it losing more than 70 sponsors and advertisers. …
* New iPad App May Be The Future Of Collaborative Online Learning (2012-Oct-02) [Edudemic]
… Net’s software is called ‘Spin‘ which essentially turns passive video watching into interactive group learning. It’s like project-based learning but with the entire planet instead of just your classroom.
Right now, Spin lets you remix and interact with content from Harvard, Stanford, TED, and the National Geographic Channel. …
* Transmedia and the Art of Story Immersion (2012-Sep-28) [A Storied Perspective – Bill Baker's Blog ]
…It’s one thing to tell a story. It’s another to completely immerse people in it, moving them beyond simply hearing the story to actually experiencing it. For when you experience a story, it becomes that much more a part of you, melded to your psyche, forever roaming through the recesses of your mind…maybe at night, swinging a lantern.
* The Story Board Ep. 3 – “Form & Function”
Something from Bandcamp: