AIMIA MIG Australian Mobile Phone Lifestyle Index
For the 5th year in a row AIMIA Mobile Industry Group will present the results of their annual survey looking at how Australians use their mobile phones. We’ll look at how things are changing in the mobile landscape and the impact of the iPhone.The special topic this year was mobile payments and this should provide plenty of insight into the future potential of the mobile wallet, micro payments and the idea of a cashless, but a mobile connected, society. – AIMIA
* Australian Mobile Phone Lifestyle Index report [Sept 2009]
- There were 3,710 respondents.
- 63% own internet capable (3G) phones. This is an increase of at least %110 over the last 2 years.
- 56% used their mobile phone to get information from some sort of service at least once a month.
- 21% said they visit websites on their mobile phone at least once a day, while 25% of respondents said they carry out mobile searches at least once a week.
- 52% intend to use their use their phones to browse the internet in future, compared to 24% in the previous year’s survey.
- 14% used their phones to buy things not for their phone (i.e. not wallpapers, ring tones and the like) in the last 12 months; 21% intend to do so in the next 12 months.
The Marquardt Scale
For anyone who has had to describe the “trail trots”, I recommend to you The Marquardt Scale.
Seen in use during;
* The Rest of Everest Video Podcast 119
* The Rest of Everest Video Podcast 120
Visualisation of browser market share
A strikingly beautiful visualisation of browser market share from Jan 2002 – Aug 2009 * http://www.michaelvandaniker.com/labs/browserVisualization/
* Banker busted looking at naked model Miranda Kerr (2010-FEB-02) [News.com]
* Who needs an interest rate update when there’s porn (2010-FEB-02) [mUmBRELLA]
* Kerr comes to embarrassed banker’s rescue (2010-Feb-05) [SBS News]