* Amazon plans to buy social network for book fans (2013-Mar-28) [Reuters]
(Reuters) – Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) said on Thursday it plans to acquire the book recommendation website, Goodreads.
* Video conferencing use for enterprise productivity growing: survey (2013-Mar-27) [SMB World Asia]
… Desktop PCs and laptops are the most common device used for video conferencing (71 percent of respondents), followed by room/group video systems (65 percent), tablets (34 percent) and smartphones (33 percent).
Conference rooms are the most popular environments for video conferencing today. 79 percent of respondents use video in conference rooms, 69 percent use video in offices. …
* 10 board games for TableTop Day: Felicia Day’s team wants you to play (2013-Mar-25) [Hero Complex : LA Times]
* Felicia Day’s Geek & Sundry Sets 3 New Series (2013-Mar-25) [Hollywood Reporter]
The web sensation’s production company and YouTube Channel has renewed TableTop and Space Janitors and announced an April 1 start date for new shows Felicia’s Ark, Fetch Quest and The Player Ones. … while TableTop will return every other Thursday. …
* Glitch costing iPhone users dearly (2013-Mar-23) [The Age]
Apple iPhone customers are potentially being overcharged by hundreds – possibly thousands – of dollars because a software bug is leading to excessive data being drained from mobile phones.
… not as as if the Telco’s haven’t know about this fault since November 2012!
* Seeing red: why cyclists ride through traffic lights (2013-Mar-25) [The Conversation]
The IM Melbourne was also on yesterday (where we helped out on cycle station C4 and run station R7) here’s the calm before the storm – before the runners start to come through.
* Neil Gaiman – “Down to a Sunless Sea.” (2013-Mar-22) [Guardian]
A rainy encounter in London on the banks of the Thames unlocks a tale of loss and grief in this exclusive story from Neil Gaiman, Down to a Sunless Sea
Something from Bandcamp: