* Higher quality court videolinks will improve justice outcomes: study (2013-Jul-)03 [The Conversation]
… The use of videoconferencing is on the rise in Australian courts, with over 50% of all court appearances for inmates in NSW last financial year occurring through videolink. Child and vulnerable witnesses also routinely give evidence via videolink. …
* Rowden, E., Wallace, A., Tait, D., Hanson, M. & Jones, D. (2013).
Gateways to Justice: design and operational guidelines for remote participation in court proceedings.
University of Western Sydney: Sydney. Accessed from: http://www.uws.edu.au/justice/justice/publications
* Twitter Is Experimenting With New Live Events Platform, “DVR Mode” For Using Twitter With TV & More (2013-Jun-26) [TechCrunch]
* Teacher’s Visual Library of 40+ iPad Apps (2013-Jul-03) [Educational Technology and Mobile Learning]
* Rudd government to re-examine university funding cuts (2013-Jul-01) [The Guardian]
Incoming Labor minister Kim Carr looking at capping student numbers amid fears over quality
* Apple TV in Schools (2013-Jun-30) [IPAD 4 SCHOOLS]
* 2013 Tour de France (100th edition)
* Alive, Alive Oh by Sylvia Spruck Wrigley (2013-Jun) [LightSpeed]
The waves crash onto the blood-red shore, sounding just like the surf on Earth: a dark rumbling full of power. It’s been seventeen years since we left…
* Humble eBook Bundle 2 (pay what you want and help charity)
Available for only two weeks. Includes Cory Doctorow’s Little Brother, Cherie Priest’s Boneshaker, Robert Charles Wilson’s Spin and Lois McMaster Bujold’s Shards of Honor. Contribute more than the average and you unlock Peter Beagle’s The Last Unicorn and Wil Wheaton’s Just a Geek.
Something from Bandcamp: