* Pay teachers according to expertise: report (2013-Jul-11) [The Conversation]
Governments should invest in postgraduate school teacher education and primary-level specialist teachers in maths and science, according to a new green paper released today by the Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
The Asian Century White Paper set out an aim of having Australia rank as a top five country in the world for student performance in reading, science and maths literacy by 2025 but several policy changes are urgently needed to meet that goal, the new paper said.
* Focus on learners: education experts to Government (2013-Jul-11) [MGSE]
Australia’s current education policies will not address its slipping international rankings, a new paper from the University of Melbourne’s Graduate School of Education argues.
* Sprinting in drug storm as Gay, Powell and Simpson face bans after failing tests (2013-Jul-14) [The Daily Mail]
… Gay said: ‘I don’t have a sabotage story. I put my trust in someone and was let down.
‘I don’t have anything to say to make this seem like it was a mistake or it was on USADA’s (United States Anti-Doping Agency) hands, someone playing games. I don’t have any of those stories. …
* Giving Up My iPads for Chromebooks (2013-Apr-07) [Alice in WonderTech]
But I had to be truthful. I had to be creative to use the iPad as a creation tool, and I had to find workarounds. And there were things my students just couldn’t do on them.
The Conversation has a collection of articles themed around the Tour de France;
* Building a Tour de France-winning body: know your muscles
* What’s in a plan? Training for the Tour de France
* Eat me, drink me – fuelling riders in the Tour de France
* Suffer score: how demanding is Le Tour de France?
* High-end bikes for sale … but what are you really buying?
* The Ministry of Changes by Marissa K. Lingen (2013-Jul-03) [Tor]
“The War is endless. It’s time that’s scarce.”
This short story was acquired and edited for Tor.com by senior editor Patrick Nielsen Hayden.
Something from Bandcamp: