* Mystery book sculptor gives Edinburgh new work of art (2013-Jul-18) [BBC News]
The anonymous artist responsible for a remarkable series of complex book sculptures has struck again in Edinburgh. The latest work of art was sent through the post to the Edinburgh Unesco City of Literature Trust (EUCL). Staff knew the package was from the mystery sculptor because of the distinctive handwriting on the box. On the outside of the parcel was the message: “In support of libraries, books, words & ideas.”
For those struggling with the finish of the Tour de France;
* An A to Z guide to everything you need to know about French wine. (2013-Jul-20) [The Age]
* Five of a kind: French cheeses (2013-Jul-20) [The Age]
* How the Tour de France is Broadcast To the World (2013-Jul-03) [Cycling Tips]
* Behind the scenes of SBS’s Tour de France coverage (2013-Jul-19) [Cycling Tips]
* How The Race Was Won – Tour de France 2013, Stages 10-15
* How The Race Was Won – Tour de France 2013, Stages 16-21
* Gracie Elvin: A behind-the-scenes video of the ORICA-AIS team at the Giro Rosa 2013.
* Peter Sagan – Wheelie on Alpe d’Huez
Steampunk Magazine #9 (2103-May)
Our long-awaited 9th issue is now available for download! You can get it on the Combustion Books website or on our downloads page.
This issue is our thickest yet, coming in at 118 pages of mad science, history, interviews, fashion, and fiction!
This issue covers such subjects as: dieselpunk, anti-fascist fashion, DIY miniature airships, paper dolls, the New Orleans general strike of 1892, loaded dice and swindles, the Red Fork Empire, surrealism, machine intelligence, and post-mortem communications!
Something from Bandcamp: