* The Upcoming Video Codec War (2013-Nov-27) [LightReading]
So the battle lines are drawn and over the next months the combatants will take their sides on the field. Will there be one winner, or will the communication world remain bifurcated through the next round of video technology? Ultimately, if video remains divided, users will be the real losers since the dream of unified communication across services will be sacrificed.
* Doctor Who 50th anniversary storms to victory in Twitter mention wars (2013-Nov-25) [Radio Times]
The tweeting masses ensure The Day of the Doctor gets whopping amount of 140-character air time, beating Broadchurch’s previous record and keeping X Factor off the top spot on Saturday night
BBC One (@BBCOne) November 26, 2013
* Orchestra flashmob
On the 130th anniversary of the founding of Banco Sabadell we wanted to pay homage to our city by means of the campaign “Som Sabadell” (We are Sabadell) . This is the flashmob that we arranged as a final culmination with the participation of 100 people from the Vallès Symphony Orchestra, the Lieder, Amics de l’Òpera and Coral Belles Arts choirs.
* The Australians who created the sonic world of Doctor Who (2013-Nov-20) [The Conversation]
… A local contribution to the international Whovian puzzle has been largely overlooked – it was two Australian-born composers who provided the music for the classic version of the show as well as inspiration for its new incarnations. …
* These Classic Stories Are So Short, You Have No Excuse Not To Read Them (2013-Nov-22) [Huffington Post]
* 50 Books That Define the Past Five Years in Literature (2013-Nov-20) [flavorwire]
Something from Bandcamp: