* Physicists Are Spending Way Too Much Time Hunting Time Travelers on Facebook (2014-Jan-06) [Time]
In a study titled “Searching the Internet for evidence of time travelers,” Drs. Robert Nemiroff (see incredible photo here) and Teresa Wilson chronicle their exhaustive search through Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, and Bing in search of signs that people from the future came, selfied, and conquered.
* Accelerating our dragon R&D program (2014-Jan-06) [CSIRO]
… Over the past 87 odd years we have not been able to create a dragon or dragon eggs. We have sighted an eastern bearded dragon at one of our telescopes, observed dragonflies and even measured body temperatures of the mallee dragon. But our work has never ventured into dragons of the mythical, fire breathing variety.
And for this Australia, we are sorry. …
Best science PR ever?
* CSIRO builds Sophie a dragon (2014-Jan-10) [The Age]
and CSIRO delivers!
üümlaut von strohson (@uumlautstrohson) January 05, 2014
* My teenager is a graffiti artist. I’m ok with that (2014-Jan-08) [The New Daily]
* Mitchelton Bay Cycling Classic – Day 4 (2014-Jan-05) #baycrits
* UCI Cyclocross World Cup Race #6 Rome (2014-Jan-05)
* Ekaterina and the Firebird by Abra Staffin-Wiebe (2014-Jan-01) [Tor]
Mineappolis writer Abra Staffin-Wiebe brings us a new take on an old Russian fairy tale: the quest for a blessing from the elusive firebird. In this iteration, young Ekaterina celebrates her fourteenth birthday, and a rare firebird sighting sets in motion a chain of events that will change her life forever.
Something from Bandcamp: