* Brandis confuses right to be heard with right to be taken seriously (2014-Apr-23) [The Conversation]
The very nature of a fair hearing is that evidence is weighed and arguments heard, and the ultimate fate of an idea should be a function of this process. This is not to say that it can never be resurrected, or that investigation cannot continue, but simply that it must lose epistemic credibility in proportion to its failings. Anything else is dogma, and this is what much of climate science denial has become.
* Joss Whedon Pulled a Beyoncé, Sort of. Watch His New Movie for $5 Now. (2014-Apr-21) [Slate]
Joss Whedon surprised his fans last night when he announced that he was releasing his new movie immediately, via streaming video service Vimeo …
* KickSat — Your personal spacecraft in space! (2014-Apr-20) [Kickstarter]
Update #70 – We’ve received over a dozen packets from KickSat’s radio beacon thanks to several amateur radio operators around the world. These packets are telling us that KickSat is charging its batteries and that so far there have been no system resets due to loss of power or radiation.
* Top-Ten IT Issues, 2014: Be the Change You See (2014-Mar-24) [Educause]
Fasten your seatbelts. From the looks of this year’s top-ten IT issues,1 2014 is turning out to be an exciting year. The field of higher education information technology is experiencing a sea change that has, arguably, been building since the advent of the personal computer in the early 1980s.
* HBO GO: Game of Thrones: What’s He In?
* The Week in Bike #16 – 18 April 2014
Something from Bandcamp: