* Facebook Got Permission To Do ‘Research’ On Users 4 Months After Emotion Manipulation Study (2014-Jun-20) [Forbes]
… In January 2012, the policy did not say anything about users potentially being guinea pigs made to have a crappy day for science, nor that “research” is something that might happen on the platform.
Four months after this study happened, in May 2012, Facebook made changes to its data use policy, and that’s when it introduced this line about how it might use your information …
* Should Facebook have experimented on 689,000 users and tried to make them sad? (2014-Jun-30) [The Conversation]
In a move that has as many people puzzled as outraged, Facebook has published research that involved a deliberate attempt to manipulate the emotional state of 689,000 of its users. Experimenters from Facebook, Cornell University and the University of California, San Francisco conducted experiments over a week period in January 2012 in which they manipulated the contents of users’ News Feeds, screening out posts that had emotional content. The results of the study have recently been published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA. …
* Facebook tinkered with users’ feeds for a massive psychology experiment (2014-Jun-27) [AV Club]
* Cycling road rules – Road users [VicRoads/surveygizmo]
This survey is about cycling related road rules and legislation in Victoria. We are interested in getting responses to this survey from all road users, including drivers, motorcyclists and pedestrians, as well as from bike riders. You have until 27 July 2014 to complete this survey.
* The Week in Bike #26 – 27 June 2014
* Bat-Sh*t Crazy MTB Race in Bratislava City | Urban Legend, Ep. 8 (2014-Jun-24) [EpicTV]
Something from Bandcamp: