* Doctor Who season 8 episode 1 leaked in more BBC breaches (2014-Jul-15) [The Age]
Scripts for the first five episodes had already surfaced after they were downloaded by hackers who discovered the BBC Worldwide’s server in Miami, where translations were being made, had been left unsecured. … A BBC Worldwide spokesperson told Radio Times the server had been shut down and an investigation was under way.
“This is part of BBC Worldwide’s ongoing security investigation into leaked unfinished Doctor Who materials,” the spokesman said. “This content is currently being removed and originates from the same Miami server disabled last week, it is not a new issue.” _had been left unsecured_ o.O
* University funding cuts cause severe indigestion for government (2014-Jul-14) [The Age]
Extensive automated phone polling across 23 federal electorates taking in all states has found cuts in federal funding and changes to allow increased fees, higher loan charges, and access to limited federal funding by non-university course providers, have not gone over well with households.
Sixty-nine per cent of those polled said they opposed “significant increases in fees” and 65 per cent said they opposed a 20 per cent funding cut.
* Marc Simonetti’s Astounding Discworld Art (2014-Jul-11) [A Dribble of Ink]
* The Week in Bike #27 – 12 July 2014
* A Game as Literary Tutorial: Dungeons & Dragons Has Influenced a Generation of Writers (2014-Jul-14) [NYT]
* Neil Gaiman – How To Talk To Girls At Parties (Text) [Neil Gaiman]
(audio | 4parts)
Something from Bandcamp:
Mesa EP by Akouo