* ‘Serial,’ Podcasting’s First Breakout Hit, Sets Stage for More (2014-Nov-23) [NYT]
… To call something the most popular podcast might seem a little like identifying the tallest leprechaun, but the numbers are impressive for any media platform. “Serial” has been downloaded or streamed on iTunes more than five million times — at a cost of nothing — and averages over 1.5 million listeners an episode. That is as many people as watch an episode of “Louie,” the buzzed-about comedy on FX. Ira Glass, the host of “This American Life,” told me his show took four years to reach one million listeners. “Serial” raced past that in a month. … (http://serialpodcast.org/)
* Strava and parkrun Join Forces (2014-Nov-24) [Strava]
You can now connect your parkrun and Strava profiles. Allowing you to share, compare and compete with other parkrunners and Strava athletes around the world.
* 10 top cycling trails in Australia (2014-Nov-20) [Australian Geographic]
* Right-side walkers ‘daily threat’ to Melbourne’s liveability (2014-Nov-23) [The Age]
Walkers who do not keep to the left on footpaths have been branded “a daily threat” to Melbourne’s liveability, and Melbourne City Council is taking action to keep them in line.
There has long been a social norm for those in crowded areas to stay to the left but a recent round of community consultation by the council has suggested right-side walkers are becoming more common with foreign visitors and students being blamed for going against tradition. … – This is one of my personal bugbears, try walking Elizabeth St during business hours 😡
* Cycling Australia’s Year in Review – 2014
* The Week in Bike #45 – TWIBmas is All Around/ [cyclingtips]
* Good Omens and Last Ever Cabin Pressure Confirmed in Radio 4 Christmas Schedule (2014-Nov-) [BBC]
BBC Radio 4 has today announced when audiences will be able to hear the much anticipated first ever dramatisation of Sir Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman’s cult classic, Good Omens and John Finnemore’s Cabin Pressure starring Benedict Cumberbatch.
The six-part adventure, Good Omens, will begin with a special double-bill on Monday 22nd December at 11.00pm and culminate in an apocalyptic hour-long episode on Saturday 27th December. …
* Good Omens [BBC Radio4]
Adaptation of the 1990 fantasy novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. An angel and a demon try to save the world from an apocalypse. Starring Peter Serafinowicz and Mark Heap.
Something from Bandcamp: