* Schools hit a wall with open-plan classrooms (2015-Nov-23) [The Age]
They knocked down walls to revolutionise learning and now they are putting them up again.
Open-plan classrooms have caused nothing but trouble for many schools, which are putting up partitions and walls to counter the deafening noise created in the barn-like spaces.
Distracted students and teachers with strained vocal chords are another unintended consequence of the open-plan classroom trend, according to Macquarie University PhD candidate Kiri Mealings. …
* Computers ‘do not improve’ pupil results, says OECD (2015-Sep-15) [BBC]
Investing heavily in school computers and classroom technology does not improve pupils’ performance, says a global study from the OECD.
The think tank says frequent use of computers in schools is more likely to be associated with lower results.
* Elite Men’s Race | 2015-16 Cyclo-cross World Cup – Koksijde, Belgium
* Elite Women’s Race | 2015-16 Cyclo-cross World Cup – Koksijde, Belgium
* Jenna Helland – The Freedom of Navid Leahy (2015-Nov-11)[Tor]
Fantasy, Young Adult || Sevenna City simmers with tension between the ruling elite known as the Zunft and the working-class cottagers. Hoping to regain control, the Zunft cracks down on the cottagers, but their brutality just fuels the flames of rebellion. A cottager boy tries to navigate the dangerous currents of the city but finds himself on a collision course with both the Zunft and the people who want to bring them down. “The Freedom of Navid Leahy” is set in the world of Jenna Helland’s debut novel, THE AUGUST 5.
Something from Bandcamp:
Ornamental (a Projekt Holiday Collection) by Various Artists