* A guy trained a machine to “watch” Blade Runner. Then things got seriously sci-fi. (2016-Jun-01) [Vox]
The potential for machines to accurately and easily “read” and recreate video footage opens up exciting possibilities both for artificial intelligence and video creation. Obviously there’s still a long way to go before Broad’s neural network generates earth-shattering video technology, but we can safely say already — we’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe.
* You’re witnessing the death of neoliberalism – from within (2016-May-31) [The Guardian]
* Revolution School [ABC]
Kambrya College addresses the critical issue of reading, and how to teach it so kids improve and learn to enjoy it. One of the Year 11 students feels the pressure to perform, and a disengaged group of boys struggle to fit in.
* Fandom Is Broken (2016-May-30) [Birth.Movies.Death]
* Global Running Day – Global Running Day is on June 1, 2016. #GlobalRunningDay
* Global Running Day is June 1 [Brooks]
Download a Global Running Day bib and customize it with your name, favorite number, or drawing of a unicorn.
(@CyclingCentral) May 25, 2016
* Upcoming cycling on SBS (2016-Apr-8) [SBS: Cycling Central]
Tour de France – Saturday 2 July – Sunday 24 July SBS/HD – All stages live.
* Listen and Run! [Audible]
Audbile has posted a ‘Books to Make the Miles Fly By’ page for #RunningDay2016. I’m not to sure about some of the categories but the ‘About Runners. For Runners.’ looks interesting.
Something from Bandcamp:
MELT by Corinne Gibbons