* Lessons from Horseshoe Bend on How to Save Our Parks (2018-Mar-29) [Outdoors Online]
Not everyone appreciates the updates. Some people call this modernization the end of Horseshoe Bend Overlook. Yet the reality, Shott points out, is that the wilderness experience at Horseshoe Bend disappeared a long time ago. Adventurous visitors could easily visit a dozen other spots at least as spectacular as the one right off the highway.
* The cadence technique to running faster, more efficiently, and avoiding injury (2018-Apr-03) [ExecutiveStyle]
When it comes to cadence, the optimal number of steps per minute (spm) is a hotly debated topic amongst the running community. Many believe that that the ideal cadence is 180spm. This measure comes from the 1984 Olympics, when coach and running researcher Jack Daniels counted the strides of distance runners as they raced, and found nearly all of them took at least 180 steps per minute.
* Gary Robbins’ write up;
“Help Is Not Coming” – The 2018 Barkley Marathons (2018-Mar-30) [Gary Robbins Run]
* Amelia Boone’s Barkley write up;
The 2018 Barkley Marathons: Confidence through Failure (2018-Apr-02) [Amelia Boone Racing]
* John Kelly’s Barkley write up;
2018 Barkley – A View from the Other Side (2018-Mar-24) [Random Forest Runner]
* Maggie Guterl’s write up’
My First DNF: The 2018 Barkley Marathons (2018-Apr-03) [Random Forest Runner]
* John Burton’s write up’
http://runningjohn.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/2018-barkley-marathons.html (2018-Apr-06) [Running John]
* GRL #204 | Guillaume Calmettes, Amelia Boone, Maggie Guterl – THE 2018 BARKLEY MARATHONS (2018-Mar-29) [TheGingerRunner]
* How The Race Was Won – Tour of Flanders 2018 (2018-Apr-02) [cyclocosm]