* Don’t Think Different: Apple Adds Straightjacket Mode to iOS (2012-Sep-13) [Wired]
Apple is set to introduce a couple of new features that will give corporate IT new ways to lock down the iOS 6 operating system, which powers the iPad and the iPhone, according to Zenprise, a mobile device management company that was briefed on the features by Apple.
And about time too! (Grumpy corporate iPad manager)
* Every Australian and every Australian politician: Take back our online and political discussion from jerks and bullies by Sarah Stokely [change.org]
… I’d like to ask you to sign this petition, and pass it along, but I’d also like to ask you to do more:
Check your own behaviour. Don’t participate in hostility, abuse or bullying online.
If you see people you know (friends, family, members of your online community) being abusive jerks online, tell them it’s not on. You’d tell them if they’d had too many drinks and were acting like a jerk at a party. It’s ok to tell them online too. …
* Surviving the zombie apocalypse: the DayZ experiment (2012-Sep-10) [The Conversation]
Amid the resurgent popularity of zombies in recent years – think The Walking Dead, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Shaun of the Dead and so on – the 2011 publication of Dan Drezner’s Theories of International Politics and Zombies showed we might be able to learn something useful from the lumbering horde.
In short, Drezner poses the question: how would we deal with a zombie outbreak?
* Potential $600M annual economic boost from copyright reform (2012-Sep-10) [Australian Digital Alliance]
Australia’s copyright regime is currently holding back innovation, but making copyright more flexible and technology-neutral will, over time, add $600m in annual productivity gains to the economy.
These findings are contained in two new reports prepared by Lateral Economics for the Australian Digital Alliance.
* Computer Bag setup (2012-Jul-22) [rtsound.net]
Following on from my computer recording post, from a few months back- I’ve started to put a system together.
I’ve managed to sell all my other computers etc and bought a shiny new Sony Vaio Z (other shortlisted models were the Macbook Air 11″ and the Lenovo Thinkpad x230, based on connectivity, weight, battery power and ability to fit in the bottom of a Petrol PS602 sound bag). … Some good ideas here.
* Amanda Palmer – The Killing Type
(Warninmg: Viewer discretion is advised. For mature audiences only.)
From the new CD Theatre Is Evil (dowload your copy).
Something from Bandcamp: